Discover new music and bands in the music player. Vote for your favourite artists by
adding them to your vote-it. Share the music you love by clicking on the share icon!
The Peoples Music Awards (.com) Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the "Agreement")
August 24th, 2011
The Peoples Music Awards, Ltd operates thepeoplesmusicawards.com, which is a Music Awards and website that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to promote their bands / acts with a view to participating in The Peoples Music Awards. The Peoples Music Awards are contactable at: 51a Mansfield Rd, London NW3 and via the e-mail address; email@example.com
The services offered by The Peoples Music Awards (TPMA) include any TPMA branded URL (the "TPMA Website"), The Peoples Music Awards application developer service and other features (for example, music and video embedded players), and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by The Peoples Music Awards in connection with The Peoples Music Awards business (collectively, the " The Peoples Music Awards Services"). The Peoples Music Awards Services are hosted in the United Kingdom.
This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement is legally binding and sets out the terms and conditions for your use of The Peoples Music Awards Services. By using the Peoples Music Awards Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse The Peoples Music Awards Website, including through a mobile device or otherwise use The Peoples Music Awards Services without being registered) or you are a "Member" (which means that you have registered with The Peoples Music Awards). The term "User" refers to a Visitor or a Member. You are only authorized to use The Peoples Music Awards Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and the terms of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree to be bound by it or with any of the legal provisions applicable to it and to follow all applicable laws, you should leave The Peoples Music Awards Website and discontinue use of The Peoples Music Awards Services immediately. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members and/or make use of The Peoples Music Awards Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process.
The Peoples Music Awards retains the right to modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by The Peoples Music Awards on The Peoples Music Awards Website. Continued use of The Peoples Music Awards Services after The Peoples Music Awards posts a revision of this Agreement denotes your acceptance of the revised Agreement. To ensure you are up to date with any changes to this Agreement, we recommend you review this Agreement regularly.
Please carefully choose the information you post on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services and the information that you provide to other Users. Your Peoples Music Awards profile may not include any form of Prohibited Content. The Peoples Music Awards assumes no responsibility or liability for material, information, comments, products or services posted by other User which may be unauthorised, impermissible or otherwise in violation of any of the terms of this Agreement, whether those materials are in violation of this Agreement in whole or in part. If you become aware of any misuse of The Peoples Music Awards Services by any person, whether they are an authorised User or not, please click on the "Contact The Peoples Music Awards" link at the top of The Peoples Music Awards Website pages.
The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by any User, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate any User's access to all or any part of The Peoples Music Awards Services at any time, for any reason, without prior notice, and without liability. The Peoples Music Awards expressly reserves the right to remove any User's profile and/or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate any User's access to all or any part of The Peoples Music Awards Services if The Peoples Music Awards determines, at its sole discretion, that such User has violated this Agreement or poses a threat to The Peoples Music Awards and/or its other Users and/or is violating any applicable law.
1. Eligibility. Use of The Peoples Music Awards Services and registration to be a Member for The Peoples Music Awards Services ("Membership") is void where prohibited. By using The Peoples Music Awards Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is wholly truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information for the duration of your Membership; (c) you are 16 years of age or older or if under the age of 16 you have consent from a parent or guardian, and (d) your use of The Peoples Music Awards Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 16 years of age and you do not have the appropriate consent from a guardian or parent, or if we believe you are over 18 and represent yourself as under 18.
2. Use by Members. The Peoples Music Awards Services are for the personal and professional use of Members and may be used for promotional purposes as well. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of The Peoples Music Awards Services, including collecting usernames, user id numbers, personal information and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail or unauthorized framing of or linking to The Peoples Music Awards Website, is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of unauthorized solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice or explanation and may result in termination of Membership privileges. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to take appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of The Peoples Music Awards Services.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to charge for any portion of The Peoples Music Awards Services and to change its fees (if any) at its sole discretion from time to time. If The Peoples Music Awards terminates your Membership because you are in breach of the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to any refund of any unused portion of any fees or any payments (if applicable). For fees payable to The Peoples Music Awards please see section 20.
4. Password. When signing up to become a Member, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify The Peoples Music Awards immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Term. This Agreement, and any posted revision to this Agreement, shall remain in full force and effect during any use of The Peoples Music Awards Services or for the duration of your Membership. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page. The Peoples Music Awards may terminate your Membership at any time, if a valid reason is present that clearly indicates that you have infringed the terms and conditions set out in this document, without prior notice yet with explanation, and without liability. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on The Peoples Music Awards website.
6.1 The Peoples Music Awards does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services. After posting your Content to The Peoples Music Awards Services, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your Content, subject to the limited license herein. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services, you hereby grant to The Peoples Music Awards a limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, distribute, and sell such Content solely on or through The Peoples Music Awards website, including without limitation distributing part or all of The Peoples Music Awards Website in any media formats and through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside The People's Music Awards Website.
This limited license does not grant The Peoples Music Awards the right to sell your Content outside of The Peoples Music Awards website, but does grant The Peoples Music Awards a licence to sell your music, and associated merchandise solely through The Peoples Music Awards services and website with reference to section 20, if made "available for download" and sale by yourselves by ticking the "make available for download" box on your song edit and upload pages. After you remove your Content from The Peoples Music Awards Website we will cease distribution, as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license will terminate.
By choosing to sell your music via thepeoplesmusicawards.com you agree to a percentage split of the total sale price of the song. The percentage split will be 85% of the sale price to you the artist and 15% to The People's Music Awards ltd.
Payment from the sale of songs will be made to the artists on the last day of each month via paypal to the artists paypal account. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide the details of this paypal account to TPMA in order to receive money from the sale songs. Money will be accumulated as credits in your account and will be available once it reaches the amount of £25/$40 or higher.
For artists who have not made minimum monthly sales of £25/$40 at the end of the month, payment will be made quarterly (every 3 months).
The Artist will set the price of each song and may choose to make the song available for download for free, in which case neither TPMA or the artist will receive any financial remuneration from these downloads.
The Limited license also allows TPMA and its members to share and stream your music across third party sites such as facebook and other social network sites.
6.2 - The license you grant to The Peoples Music Awards is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to The Peoples Music Awards).
6.3 - You represent, warrant and covenant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section 6, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services does not violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of any Content posted by you on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services.
6.4 Peoples Music Awards Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, industrial secret, and other laws, and The Peoples Music Awards owns and retains all rights in The Peoples Music Awards Content and The Peoples Music Awards Services. The Peoples Music Awards hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sub licensable license to reproduce and display The Peoples Music Awards Content (excluding any software or source code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Peoples Music Awards Website and using the Peoples Music Awards Services.
7. Content Posted. 7.1 The Peoples Music Awards may reject, refuse to post or delete any Content if a valid reason is found that the content posted is contrary to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement, including Content that in the sole judgment of The Peoples Music Awards violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. The Peoples Music Awards assumes no responsibility for monitoring The Peoples Music Awards Services for inappropriate Content or conduct.
7.2 - You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of The Peoples Music Awards Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users.
7.3 - You are solely responsible for ensuring that all Content that you post on or through any of The Peoples Music Awards Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Users, conforms to all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including ensuring that you have obtained the prior consent of any and all individuals whose personal information you use and/or disclose on or through The Peoples Music Awards.
7.4 - The Peoples Music Awards takes no responsibility for any content or comments posted by users or judges on the website.
7.5 - By becoming a member of The Peoples Music Awards, its website and services, you agree that The Peoples Music Awards may publish the feedback of it's guest judges on your profile page and through it's associated network.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in The Peoples Music Awards sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from The Peoples Music Awards Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of The Peoples Music Awards:
8.1 - is offensive (as determined by The Peoples Music Awards with sole and complete discretion) and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
8.2 - harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
8.3 - exploits people in a sexual or violent manner (as determined by The Peoples Music Awards with sole and complete discretion);
8.4 - contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter (as determined by The Peoples Music Awards with sole and complete discretion) or contains a link to an adult website;
8.5 - solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
8.6 - solicits personal information from another person without their consent;
8.7 - publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
8.8 - constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
8.9 - constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
8.10 - involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
8.11 - contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
8.12 - furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
8.13 - solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
8.14 - involves commercial activities other than sales without prior written consent from The Peoples Music Awards such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
8.15 - includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
8.16 - for band, and other profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content (as determined by The Peoples Music Awards with sole and complete discretion) intended to draw traffic to the profile;
8.17 - violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person; or
8.18 - promotes propaganda and/or symbols of organizations which are unconstitutional or illegal in your country.
The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on The Peoples Music Awards Website and through your use of The Peoples Music Awards Services. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in The Peoples Music Awards sole discretion, violates these provisions, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
8.19 - criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, corruption of minors, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademark and patent infringement), or theft of trade or industrial secrets;
8.20 Solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the unauthorized or impermissible use of The Peoples Music Awards Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which The Peoples Music Awards deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unauthorized commercial communications of any kind through The Peoples Music Awards Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to The Peoples Music Awards, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay The Peoples Music Awards £50 (fifty pound sterling) for each such unsolicited email or other unauthorized commercial communication you send through The Peoples Music Awards Services;
8.21 - circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of The Peoples Music Awards Services;
8.22 - activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
8.23 - covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Peoples Music Awards page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
8.24 - any automated use of the system, including but not limited to, using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
8.25 - interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on The Peoples Music Awards Services or the networks or services connected to The Peoples Music Awards Services;
8.26 - impersonating or attempting to impersonate another Member, person or entity;
8.27 - using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
8.28 - selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
8.29 - using any information obtained from The Peoples Music Awards Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
8.30 displaying unauthorized commercial advertisements on your profile on behalf of yourself or external persons not affiliated with The Peoples Music Awards, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with an external commercial purpose (i.e: outside of The Peoples Music Awards Services).
8.31 - using The Peoples Music Awards Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
9 - Protecting Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. The Peoples Music Awards respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that all Users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. The Peoples Music Awards has the right to terminate the Membership of infringers.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send The Peoples Music Awards a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on The Peoples Music Awards Services (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature.
10. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Peoples Music Awards Members. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other Members.
12. Disclaimers. The Peoples Music Awards is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the User Content or the accuracy and reliability of the User Content posted on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services, whether caused by Users of The Peoples Music Awards Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in The Peoples Music Awards Services and such User Content does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of The Peoples Music Awards. Profiles and third party applications created and posted by Members on The Peoples Music Awards Website may contain links to other websites. The Peoples Music Awards is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are not necessarily investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by The Peoples Music Awards. Inclusion of any linked website on The Peoples Music Awards Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by The Peoples Music Awards. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. The Peoples Music Awards takes no responsibility for third party advertisements or third party applications that are posted on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. The Peoples Music Awards is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of The Peoples Music Awards Services. The Peoples Music Awards assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. The Peoples Music Awards is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of The Peoples Music Awards Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with The Peoples Music Awards Services. Under no circumstances shall The Peoples Music Awards be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of The Peoples Music Awards Services, attendance at a The Peoples Music Awards event, from any User Content posted on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services, or from the conduct of any Users of The Peoples Music Awards Services, whether online or offline. The Peoples Music Awards Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and The Peoples Music Awards expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Peoples Music Awards cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of The Peoples Music Awards Services.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS SERVICES INCURRED BY ANY PARTY WHETHER A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR A THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING THE TORT OF NEGLIGENCE), EVEN IF THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS FOR THE PEOPLES MUSIC AWARDS SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
14. Export Controls. Software available in connection with The Peoples Music Awards Services (the "Software") is further subject to all applicable export laws and regulations including but not limited to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (collectively "Export Controls"). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you expressly agree not to export, directly or indirectly re-export, divert or transfer the Software or any direct product thereof to any destination, company or person restricted or prohibited by Export Controls. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
15. Disputes. The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the English law. You and The Peoples Music Awards agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or The Peoples Music Awards Services.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold The Peoples Music Awards, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of The Peoples Music Awards Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or if any Content that you post on or through The Peoples Music Awards Services causes The Peoples Music Awards to be liable to another.
17. Acceptance. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of The Peoples Music Awards Website or any of The Peoples Music Awards Services.
18. Interpretation. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The Peoples Music Awards is a trademark of The Peoples Music Awards, Ltd.
19. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Peoples Music Awards regarding the use of The Peoples Music Awards Services and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations made whether written or oral concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The failure of The Peoples Music Awards to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
20. You hereby agree to license The Peoples Music Awards to sell music and associated merchandise on your behalf through The Peoples Music Awards Website and Services. The purchaser agrees to pay all monies directly to you, through your associated PayPal© account. It is your responsibility entirely to create and manage your PayPal© account and The Peoples Music Awards takes no responsibility for the management of any User's PayPal© account. It is your responsibility to update and manage your personal Peoples Music Awards account with reference to the following: That for every monetary sale made through The Peoples Music Awards Website and Services you agree to pay The Peoples Music Awards Ltd 20 % of the value of such sale; This will be done by maintaining your Peoples Music Awards pre-pay account in credit, and it is your responsibility to ensure this is the case in order to continue selling your merchandise and music through The Peoples Music Awards Website and Services. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to terminate any Membership if payment is late by 30 days. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to make changes to this payment shceme whenever it sees fit.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Capitalized terms have the meaning ascribed to those terms in the The Peoples Music Awards Terms and Conditions unless otherwise set out herein.
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name, email address and mobile telephone number) in order to receive or use The Peoples Music Awards Services. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable The Peoples Music Awards and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Whenever you provide such information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When you supply personal information to The Peoples Music Awards we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use such data. We must collect the information fairly and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. Your information will only be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must obtain your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information. By accepting The Peoples Music Awards Terms and Conditions you are stating that parental permission has been obtained to provide personal information to The Peoples Music Awards.
When you visit The Peoples Music Awards you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and TPMA Website use information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site.
When you register with The Peoples Music Awards, you may provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter The Peoples Music Awards, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all The Peoples Music Awards visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies". You are free to disable this by using your browser settings.
When you use The Peoples Music Awards, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, set up events, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain this information. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
You post User Content (as defined in the The Peoples Music Awards Terms and Conditions) on the Site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to the information published on your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on The Peoples Music Awards Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on The Peoples Music Awards Website is a violation of The Peoples Music Awards Terms and Conditions and should be reported to [email@example.com] By using The Peoples Music Awards Website, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed internationally.
UNDER AGE INFORMATION
The Peoples Music Awards does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without parental consent or knowingly allow such persons to register without parental consent. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register with The Peoples Music Awards or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address without first obtaining parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org.]
Use of Information Obtained by The Peoples Music Awards
When you register with The Peoples Music Awards, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on The Peoples Music Awards. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding news and new services offered by The Peoples Music Awards that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by The Peoples Music Awards primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings.
Profile information you submit to The Peoples Music Awards will be available to users of The Peoples Music Awards who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings. Your name, network names, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the The Peoples Music Awards Website and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines.
The Peoples Music Awards may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of The Peoples Music Awards Service. The Peoples Music Awards reserves the right to send you notices about your account or other notifications.
The Peoples Music Awards may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties for the purpose of surveys and other information gathering processes.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, The Peoples Music Awards Platform developers and other users of The Peoples Music Awards, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
The Peoples Music Awards is about sharing information with others - friends and people in your networks - while providing you with privacy settings that restrict other users from accessing your information. We allow you to choose the information you provide to friends and networks through The Peoples Music Awards. Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
Your news feed and mini-feed may aggregate the information you provide and make it available to your friends and network members according to your privacy settings. You may set your preferences for your news feed and mini-feed here.
Unlike most sites on the Web, The Peoples Music Awards limits access to site information by third party search engine "crawlers" (e.g. Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask). The Peoples Music Awards takes action to block access by these engines to personal information beyond your name, profile picture, and limited aggregated data about your profile (e.g. number of wall postings).
We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about The Peoples Music Awards, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the The Peoples Music Awards-specified purposes.
If you, your friends, or members of your network use any third-party applications developed using the The Peoples Music Awards Platform ("Platform Applications"), those Platform Applications may access and share certain information about you with others in accordance with your privacy settings. You may opt-out of any sharing of certain or all information through Platform Applications on the Privacy Settings page. In addition, third party developers who have created and operate Platform Applications ("Platform Developers"), may also have access to your personal information (excluding your contact information) if you permit Platform Applications to access your data. Before allowing any Platform Developer to make any Platform Application available to you, The Peoples Music Awards requires the Platform Developer to enter into an agreement which, among other things, requires them to respect your privacy settings and strictly limits their collection, use, and storage of your information. However, while we have undertaken contractual and technical steps to restrict possible misuse of such information by such Platform Developers, we of course cannot and do not guarantee that all Platform Developers will abide by such agreements. Please note that The Peoples Music Awards does not screen or approve Platform Developers and cannot control how such Platform Developers use any personal information that they may obtain in connection with Platform Applications. In addition, Platform Developers may require you to sign up to their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies, which may give them additional rights or impose additional obligations on you, so please make sure to review these terms and policies carefully before using any Platform Application. You can report any suspected misuse of information through the The Peoples Music Awards Platform and we will investigate any such claim and take appropriate action against the Platform Developer up to and including terminating their participation in the The Peoples Music Awards Platform and/or other formal legal action.
We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the The Peoples Music Awards world. Such accounts have only limited capabilities (e.g., messaging is disabled) and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the The Peoples Music Awards service or using the The Peoples Music Awards name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through sponsored groups or other on-site offers.
We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on The Peoples Music Awards. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on The Peoples Music Awards, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
The Peoples Music Awards Beacon is a means of sharing actions you have taken on third party sites, such as when you make a purchase or post a review, with your friends on The Peoples Music Awards. In order to provide you as a The Peoples Music Awards user with clear disclosure of the activity information being collected on third party sites and potentially shared with your friends on The Peoples Music Awards, we collect certain information from that site and present it to you after you have completed an action on that site. You have the choice to have The Peoples Music Awards discard that information, or to share it with your friends.
Like many other websites that interact with third party sites, we may receive some information even if you are logged out from The Peoples Music Awards, or that pertains to non-The Peoples Music Awards users, from those sites in conjunction with the technical operation of the system. In cases where The Peoples Music Awards receives information on users that are not logged in, or on non-The Peoples Music Awards users, we do not attempt to associate it with individual The Peoples Music Awards accounts and will discard it.
When you use The Peoples Music Awards, certain information you post or share with third parties (e.g., a friend or someone in your network), such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other items , this information may become publicly available.
Third Party Links and Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on The Peoples Music Awards is readily available through the profile editing tools. The Peoples Music Awards users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their The Peoples Music Awards account may do so on the My Account page. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of The Peoples Music Awards.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on The Peoples Music Awards, however, (e.g., sending a personal message to another The Peoples Music Awards user) you generally cannot remove such communications.
The Peoples Music Awards takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located in a secure area on our server. If you have any questions about the security of The Peoples Music Awards Web Site, please contact us at [email@example.com]
Contacting The Peoples Music Awards